Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: single genre or multi-genre?

single genre or multi-genre? 8 months 3 weeks ago #319

are you one of those of elite people who are into just one genre or even sub-genre of music or do you like multiple genres of music?

i like mostly industrial and ebm myself but i don't mind a bit of other styles either
The administrator has disabled public write access.

single genre or multi-genre? 8 months 3 weeks ago #1109

• Draken
  • Thank you received: 20
I'm multi-genre myself. These days, my main preference is towards Industrial and EBM, but also love Goth, Steampunk and Metal too (which is a good thing considering I used to be the manager of a Rock and Metal pub for a good number of years). In all honesty though, I don't listen to Metal now as much as I used to in my 20's, but every now and then, I like to delve back into the metal side and remind myself of the songs I used to headbang / mosh too.

The way I put it though is that I try not to pay attention to genre labels too much. If I like a song, I like it, and it doesn't matter which genre it's from or who it's by. I would like to think my tastes are fairly broad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chang

single genre or multi-genre? 8 months 3 weeks ago #318

• Elendra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I guess you could say I'm 'single' genre. I only tend to listen to metal (and possibly some rock too). I don't tend to think that I only listen to certain 'types' of metal to be honest, and don't care if it's popular or not. That said, I sometimes find there is some people who call themselves 'metal' that makes me think 'wtf was that?' lol

single genre or multi-genre? 7 months 5 days ago #1236

• tordis
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • 'It's the noise that makes me human'
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm very multi-genre: I started (very early) with rock, then moved on to metal (mostly black and doom), picked up some trad goth, industrial metal and a bit of folk on the way and then fell deep into industrial/EBM stuff. I still listen to other genres, though. Oh, and I have a soft spot for amazing female voices, hence my slight obsession with artists like Anneke van Giersbergen, Tori Amos and Bjork.

single genre or multi-genre? 7 months 5 days ago #1240

• sagipsi
  • Junior Boarder
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
  • Thank you received: 4
multi ill give anything a go from rock to punk to drum and bass even a bit of pop an if anything mixes genres i love it even more labels are there to be peeled off thats my opinion

single genre or multi-genre? 6 months 3 weeks ago #1285

• CyberWaste
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I listen to lots

Metal
Rock
Hip Hop
Industrial
Ambient
Dubstep
Drum & Bass
Power Noise
Techno
Electro
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds