Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last Song of the night

Last Song of the night 9 months 1 week ago #475

• Draken
  • Thank you received: 20
It is quite a tradition amongst some alternative club nights to end the night on a song that is either quite silly or just really terrible (often under the guise of encouraging the club to clear quicker). What is the best (or worst) songs you've heard (or played if you are a DJ yourself) at the end of an evening?

For my own tuppence, two of my co-DJ's have managed to Rick-Roll our club night at the end of an evening, though I think I'm still mildly amused after I put on Badger Badger Badger by Weebl last night at the end of a Goth/Industrial evening, aiming to clear the club and ended with a full dance floor instead
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Last Song of the night 9 months 5 days ago #1048

guess it all depends where your playing, etc I remember playing a metal remix of gangnam style at a comic con once as my last song and I got everyone going mental

Last Song of the night 9 months 5 days ago #1049

• Sebzy
  • Fresh Boarder
Would have to go with

Best
- TROGDOR!!!

Worst
- Semisonic - Closing Time

Last Song of the night 9 months 5 days ago #1052

• githyanki
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Always used to finish my dj sets off with The Toy Dolls 'Nellie The Elephant' or Green Jelly's 'Anarchy In Bedrock', that was quite a long while ago though. More recently I've done the odd set and finish with either 'Born This Way' by Lady Gaga remixed by Evile guitarist Ol Drake or a mash up of 'Gay Bar', 'Firestarter' and the theme to the A-Team which works surprisingly well.

Last Song of the night 9 months 5 days ago #1054

• Draken
  • Thank you received: 20
githyanki wrote:
Always used to finish my dj sets off with The Toy Dolls 'Nellie The Elephant'

Back in the mid-90's when I was in college in Southampton, there was a brilliant little spit and saw dust pub down on the waterfront that used to play that song without fail every week. It was guaranteed to be the song that would get everyone moshing to it lol.

Also, many years later when I was doing first aid training, it was pointed out that along beside the Bee Jee's 'Staying Alive', that Nellie the Elephant was a good tune to keep in your head to perform CPR to.... that was until I pointed out that the only version I really knew was the Toy Doll's version!

Last Song of the night 9 months 4 days ago #1060

• kev36663
  • Fresh Boarder
the last Goth night I DJ'd I ended with Roy Orbison's 'Pretty Woman' - time before Hot Chocolate's 'You Sexy Thing'

Both had full dancefloors
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds